The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
I liked the ARCAM's tonal integrity , bloom and utter harmonic naturalness, too, but felt it had serious PRaT problems compared to the Rotel and ALL other contenders. Just seemed to dance with two left feet....
Certainly a rich sound with lots 'o finesse, though.
Subaruguru, hate to sound thick but what is PRaT? Come to think of it I have a problem with a few other abreviations also that I see used in this forum. "S/W"?? comes to mind. I don't have time to go through the posts to piece these together. If you have time just to through together a few lines, please provide me with the less obvious ones and their rough definition. Thanks.
Subarguru, Sorry not in real time here: pace, rhythym and timing, I guess. Well, I have trouble with the concept at any rate. I still can't figure out s/w though. I should be working right now, so goodbye for now.
Pbb, I know what you mean. Took me a while to understand
"running a HT PC/SPM XLR CDP/Pre for a nice tight sound" !...sounds that way, huh?
Can't help you with S/W off-hand, 'cept in my other world it's steering wheel, of course.

Re the ARCAM's PRaT, I will back off a bit and state that my results were with the thinner chassis'd ARCAM 9, and WITHOUT an iso shelf. Sticking a Neuance or Rollerblocks under the FM23 may really get it to boogie? Good luck.
The Sony SCD333ES. It is "A" rated in Stereophile. Combine it with the Van De Hul First interconnects!