Best Integrated, period.

Has anyone compared, Gryphon Diablo, Gamut Di150, Vitus SS101, Krell FBI, APL UA-S1 Jeff Rowland Continuum 500? Please add what you found to be best integrated.
perrew
Fla, I wasn't aware of the Phaethon until you mentioned it. Yeah that integrated is approaching the price territory of the Vitus. I heard the top flight Ypsilon gear at the Melbourne Audio & AV show this year including the mono's, twin SET-100's, pre, dac, transport, phono stage & SUT and was impressed with warm, inviting and musically engaging sound. Though the Continuum Caliburn might have helped a bit ;)
12-06-14: Mbovaird
Have you heard it?
Well my brother owns an MF M6i and I thought that sounded cold and unmusical. Yes, the Nu-Vista 800 would be much better, you can only get so much out of a business model like theirs. Musical Fidelity remind me of the loudest kid in the class who is really just a mid-fielder. I find their pr irritating, and some of their claims outlandish to be honest. Comments like "new mega super integrated" underscore how they trade on slogans. Much of the technology they portray as their own pioneering work (with the exception of the nuvistor tubes) has been used for decades by high end companies like Boulder and Vitus. This is a very good amp, yes. But it's not in the same league as the amps I mentioned.
In other words, no.

I have heard the Audio Note, Vitus and own the NuVista 800. The Audio Note has limited application due to its limited power and exorbitant price. The Vitus is excellent and my second favorite, but again, a little more power would be nice and the price increases here in NA continue to climb and climb. The brand is also, unfortunately, poorly represented here.

I've been on a mission the past 18 months trying to find the ultimate integrated for my family room system. I've tried several, including VAC, Devialet, Musical Fidelity, Line Magnetic, Rowland, Vitus, Mc, ARC, and many others.

We can agree on this much, when I owned my Magico S5's, there was simply no better synergy/match than Vitus.

The NuVista 800 may not be the best, since there truly can be no "best", but given its price, power and wonderful sonic characteristics, it is a terrific piece and the one I selected for my speakers.