Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Anybody directly compared the KEF LS50, the reference 3a decapo BE with the MMMicroone???

or epos epic??

also against any planar or electrostatics from magnepan, B&G radia, eminent technology lft-16a, king sound princess II etc...

I'm interested in the mmmicroone but the KEF ls50 will cost me 1200$ less or so.. i wonder how they compare..

I want the best sound for the best price.. but sound take priority..
that alumium tweeter in
I have heard the LS50 ( and they are nice ) but not even close to being in the same league as the MicroOnes.
I replaced my Maggie 1.7s with the MicroOnes and have never looked back. At this point the only speaker upgrade that I would consider would be to move up in the Evolution Acoustics line.
"Apparently one owner preferred the MM1 to a Magico Q7, so that is pretty high praise, and he ended up selling his Q7".
Funny to see how people can be naive and believe a story which is pushed by the owner of EA and its unofficial salesman Mike Lavigne...
My personal experience is that I owned Evolution acoustics MM3 for 4 years (which is way superior to the MM1 and Micro), sold it to get a pair of Magico Q1 6 months ago. Heard both in the same treated room. The Q1 completely destroyed my MM3 (except for bass extension, even if you would never believe the speaker playing is so small). The Q1 is so superior i nterm of transparency, transient, and precision of imaging that I am still shocked it is possible.
Additionally, quality of construction is without comparison.
The Q1 is build like a Switch watch. My MM3 was shipped with a cabinet screw in the middle of the spike thread. They started to delaminate when shipping them to new buyer. Not talking about the Micro, who are made in China (I live in taiwan and live in China high tech, so know what it means).
Sorry guys, quality has a price.
And btw, to the person who is hesitating between a second hand pair of V2/V3 and a Micro, the real choice is to buy the new Magico S1. I would take it anytime against the V2 or V3.
I agree with Dinder1. The MMM-1 is better than the LS50. The LS50 is nice, but does not have the lows the MMM-1 has and it also sounds "boxey". the LS50 would make a great bookshlef speaker in a nearfield situation like at your desk.

Andrew
I have to ask this... Do you guys REALLY honestly believe someone heard the MM1 and preferred it to the Q7 and ended up selling the Q7 because of it? I am mean _really_ actually believe this?

Consider this version of events I heard... "Customer" is actually recruited as an investor, likes what he hears, invests, sells the Q7s because he has to, these stories are used to promote EA products over Magico.