Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
My first cd player was a Sony X202ES which I bought in 1994. I still have the player and it has not given me one once of trouble. Of course I've upgraded since then but it still is a great player.
I got my first CD player many, many years ago as part of (shudder!) a Fisher rack system. It was a changer that used a little tray (each which had an eject button) for each CD. I got a CD a few days later. I never liked this CD player. Either the player or the CD I had was bright, and needed the tone controls. In short order, I drifted away for varous reasons. I completely lost interest when I heard my first good system--based around a turntable. That, and the low cost of used records, made me decide to forget about CD.

I stayed record based for many years. Finally, in 2001, I decided to get a CD player (an old Rotel) so I could get CDs from the library. I have to say that, overall, if I had to choose one and only one source, it would still be the LP. But, I care more about what's on the recording than the format, and CD has come a long ways--a good CD can sound decent even on my antique Rotel.
Yes, a Yamaha, forgot the model designation, but it was the one in a chassis that was not the usual full width. Was not the first model that Yamaha made, probably more like the second, but it was the first reasonably priced CD player that came out after the Sonys ans Philips.
Phillips model CD150(1986?). Had to get into the digital revolution early. WOuld do comparisons with MF PF Dark Side... on my ariston for copmparison. Wonder how it would A/B with my cary 303/200. Ha. Should talk to the kid and get it back for a night. Yes it still works! God bless Phillips.
In response to Jc2000 My first player was a JVC 6 disc changer purchased in 1987. I had a NAD receiver 1 pair of Radioshack Minimus 7's, a cheep pair of bookshelf BOSE, and a pair or home made 10 woofers. At the time it was awsome.