Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
Mine was a Yamaha CD-X1 (along with my first CD - Peter Gabriel's "Security") in 1984 for $400. Amazingly, I have not replaced it until recently with a NAD C542. Absolutely stunning difference in detail and low frequency clarity. I do not miss the Yamaha in the least - though it served me well.

CD
My first was a Carver with tube output stage. Don't remember the model number or price. It was OK but no great shakes although it always worked. Then I bought the full AA stuff, DDE3.0, DTI Pro32, Pro Drive all upgraded with latest stuff. Sounded pretty good when everything was working. Still respect the AA pro drive, thought it was an excellent unit for the money and never had any problems with it. The other AA stuff had real reliability issues though. This CD stuff has come a long way but what a battle to get here.
Yep, still have it and it still works fine. Magnavox CDB560. Got it in January of 1987 for $100 new. Kid got it for a Christmas present, but said he couldn't afford CD's which cost way more then LP's.