SS amp for Merlin VSMs?

Is there anyone who has found an SS amp that they prefer to tube amps with their Merlins? I have most recently owned CAT JL2, Atma-spehre M-60, Music Reference RM9 Special Edition and RM10MKII, Quicksilver V4s, and the Ars Sonum integrated (In each and everyone sound terrific with the Merlins). For SS, I did try Pass XA30.5 and First Watt Aleph J, but did not prefer them to my tube amps (I now use Music Reference RM10s - summer; and the Atma-spehere M60s the rest of the year).

So, any great SS sucess stories with the Merlins up against the kind of tube gear I have owned? Or is that just a elusive chase?
pubul57
I own TSM-mme's not VSM's (someday) but can speak to the amp question.

I use both the McIntosh 275 tube amp and the MC-402 solid state. The tubes are excellent but the reality is I prefer the sound of the MC-402 as do other listeners. You also get the added benefits of instant on from the remote and no tube maintenance.

I also listened to the Merlins on an Arcam integrated and a Marantz integrated. They were OK too and had their own unique presentation however were not keepers.

I had prejudiced my own thoughts that transistors can never sound as good as tubes. In this case I was wrong.

Just my 2 cents.
Ayre,Mac,Counterpoint,Rega,maybe one other I cant think of were all quite nice.Those speakers are so versatile.Been 7 years now and the only thing I dont lust to change.Tube amps I've used seemed no better or worse,good luck,B
FWIW, I've been running my TSM-mmi's (not VSM's) with a pair of Manley Mahi's in triode mode, mostly -- roughly 24 watts into 6 ohms, and they sound great and play plenty loud, too. YMMV, naturally.
For many years I used a HK reciever for my tsm me's-they
sounded great-i use a modright denon 2900 truth tube cd
player in the direct mode on the hk-recently bought a Forte
4a class a amp from a friend-I use the hk as a pre-amp
in the direct mode and the difference was unbelievable-no comparision.