SS amp for Merlin VSMs?

Is there anyone who has found an SS amp that they prefer to tube amps with their Merlins? I have most recently owned CAT JL2, Atma-spehre M-60, Music Reference RM9 Special Edition and RM10MKII, Quicksilver V4s, and the Ars Sonum integrated (In each and everyone sound terrific with the Merlins). For SS, I did try Pass XA30.5 and First Watt Aleph J, but did not prefer them to my tube amps (I now use Music Reference RM10s - summer; and the Atma-spehere M60s the rest of the year).

So, any great SS sucess stories with the Merlins up against the kind of tube gear I have owned? Or is that just a elusive chase?
pubul57
Pubul, if you opt to audition/purchase the Mcintosh, I would love to hear your feedback on the combo.
paul, i would agree and would love to hear what you think of the ss amps with autoformers. mc that is.
i liked them.
b
Why not tubes?
Those who know Bobby, know of his fondness for tubes--and know that his designs are such that tubes can drive them without any problems.

Just wondering, it seems a natural choice.

Larry
Lrsky- I think tubes is the answer but the op is probing for solid state amps;but if he is open to tubes I agree 100% with your post.
I have two tube amps (Music Reference and Atma-sphere), recently 3 - they are not going anywhere - just want to try and find a "successful" SS pairing. I have no doubt that tubes and Merlin are the way to go as a general rule as they let tubes do what they do so well (and some speakers don't).