SS amp for Merlin VSMs?

Is there anyone who has found an SS amp that they prefer to tube amps with their Merlins? I have most recently owned CAT JL2, Atma-spehre M-60, Music Reference RM9 Special Edition and RM10MKII, Quicksilver V4s, and the Ars Sonum integrated (In each and everyone sound terrific with the Merlins). For SS, I did try Pass XA30.5 and First Watt Aleph J, but did not prefer them to my tube amps (I now use Music Reference RM10s - summer; and the Atma-spehere M60s the rest of the year).

So, any great SS sucess stories with the Merlins up against the kind of tube gear I have owned? Or is that just a elusive chase?
pubul57
Hello.....I use a VTL ST 85 EL34 based amp with my Merlin TSMXe speakers. I like it with tubes, but also use a pair of upgraded Odyssey Khartargo Mono Blocks which are SS in the summer. I also like them. Just a different presentation to the music, both sound good just different. I also like Tetrode mode better than Triode in my tube amp...go figure. But also using Amperex/ Mullard Holland EL 34 tubes........$$$$
Thanks guys!
I considered the Merlins a few years ago after hearing
them and being impressed at the NY show, but I
didn't get them because someone warned me they had
too aggressive highs, which I wanted to avoid in a speaker.
Now I have Harbeths and find them not as detailed or resolving as I would like and was used to with my old
Aerial 10Ts.
The Dynaudio Esotar D330/A tweeter has aggressive highs?? That's a first.
Thanks Brf, I had the same thought.
The Esotar is just so fine in Dynaudios.
Rgs2, I have the Merlin TSM mmi monitors and the highs are not too aggressive in my system. I do a lot of tweaking, as you know.