What is a better speaker than Totem? for = $$$

What is a better speaker than Totem Model 1 Sig or Hawk for the same money?

Why? please dont just list a speaker you bought if you never heard the totems or dont know why its better.
denoiad
I wrote a response yesterday but it seems like it didnt post for some reason.

Anyway, i like the totems alot. I have experience with then and am using them as a benchmark. I need to buy a new pair of speakers and wanted recomendations in the 1500-3000 price range new. I think totems are great but there is always something better. I prefer floor standers but will look into bookshelf/monitors as well.

I have heard salk songtowers... they are very nice but i think i preferred my model 1 sigs i had. Granted it was a short listening session with material i didnt really care for but it just didnt have the sound my model 1's had.
The Vandersteen 2CE Sig II now $2345.00 is IMO the best performing and best Selling high end loudspeaker of all time.
I think with over 300,000 pairs sold
wow thats a lot of speakers
he's gotem right by now.
Johnnyr
Another awesome advertisement from johnnyr.

Cue the neon signs.

Get the billboards ready.

Lights, camera, action!!!!
I have always found it odd that Vandersteen is a big name in the US. But in Europe as far as I can tell they are hardly known at all. Audiomarkt.de is one of the biggest sites for 2nd hand audio ion Europe I think and I don't think I have ever seen a pair of Vandersteen speakers on that site.