Replacements for Dynaudio Floorstanders

Hi there.

My current system is made up of the following: Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk IIs, Krell 300il, Benchmark USB DAC, and a laptop with lossless music.

I'm looking to introduce a little warmth in my system, seeing as the Dyn/Krell/DAC combo has miles of resolution, but doesn't offer much in the way of engagement. I'm considering selling my Dynaudios for a warmer pair of speakers that I hope to find on Audiogon. $4k is my limit. My thinking is a used pair of B&W Nautilus 802s or 803s. What other suggestions would folks have, in terms of speakers that have similar resolution to Dynaudio's stuff, but offers more warmth and darkness? One outside consideration of mine is a pair of Mirage OMD-28s. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
velociti
Like I really dont want to hate on Krell. I owned a krell a few years ago and it was overall a very nice sounding amplifier. But I do believe synergy is key here. Krell and Dynaudio (in my case it was Totems that had dynaudio drivers in them) tend to sound slightly on the cool/detailed side. Dynaudios are amazing speakers and I really think just making an amp change would make you happy. Plinius SA100 mkIII or a SA102 are amazing amplifiers with liquid midrange and approching krell bass. Hope you get it figured out!!
Not sure where you are right now or if you've made a decision, but I had my Krell 400xi running with a Benchmark DAC and Dynaudio Contour S3.4's a couple years ago. In my case, I found the lack of warmth to be the Benchmark DAC - I found it to be harsh and "in your face." I replaced it with the Electrocompaniet DAC and it's been a fantastic setup since. I also upgraded to the Dynaudio C1's and love the sound even more.

So, for warmth, my vote would go to re-evaluating your DAC situation, but I don't think that's what you want to hear :-)
To add, I think if you replaced your Dyn's with B&W Nautilus speakers, paired with that Krell and Benchmark DAC, you would not experience any more warmth. In fact, I think your problem would get worse.
goog point Rhmmmm,recently discovered how important is the source for dynaudio and krell combination.I just tried play some old recordings on chrome cassettes,wov!!! how good they sounded playing trough Technics Rs-az6 cassete deck )
I've actually listed my Dynaudios on here. I'm going to bring them down to $1800 (including shipping) later today if they don't sell to a local buyer first. I'm not getting rid of the Krell, but I think those who say the Benchmark is harsh and in your face are probably spot on. I've tried it with my brother's ARC and B&W gear and even there it's a little much. The benchmark will be the next component to be replaced, no doubt.

The only reason I'm eager to move on from the Dynaudios is because I want to grab a pair of Mirage OMD-28s before they're finally sold out. I want proper full-range sound, and I won't get that with a DAC upgrade. Speakers first, then the DAC. Thanks for all the help!

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1304205214&/Dynaudio-Contour-1.8-Mk-II