Attn Vinyl lovers - what CD Player do you use?

While reading through the many threads on Vinyl vs. CD, I thought it might be interesting to see what CD transports/players Vinyl fans use when not listening to their analog rig?
encyclopediabsh
I use a Tube Research Labs modified Sony SCD 595 player (I bought mine at Best Buy for $150) plus the TRL mod at $550 plus shipping. For more info, do a search over at Hi Rez Asylum, there has been much discussion about TRL mods over there.
I use a Rotel RCD990 I bought over 8 years ago. Still haven't found any reason to replace it!
Jes45-

What do you think of the TRL modded Sony 595?

I have been getting into vinyl mostly lately and sold my main digital source (a nice Cary 308) as even that couldn't quite get me the immediacy and presence of analog.
I had decided to just live with my Pioneer DVD/CD player as a digital source.

I kind of stumbled upon the TRL mod via a review on 6 moons and some people on AA High Rez.

Well, long story short I decided to give it a try and I also wanted to fool around a bit with SACD.
I just got mine from Paul Weitzel on Friday and it is burning in as we speak.
I did sneak a listen after about 40 hours.
I think it is going to be very nice-what are your thoughts?
I have a Naim CDS3. I listen to CD's about 35% of the time. I actually prefer opera on CD (longer sides and MUCH easier to find my place in the libretto). For other classical music, CD's can be better where the lp was not well-mastered and subject to break up. But, for jazz and pop vocals, CD's rarely match LP's for their presence and liveliness.

The Naim CDS3 is a great CD player, one that I much prefer over the Sony SCD-1 SACD player that it replaced in my system. But, if one is looking for a CD player that sounds most like an LP set up, I would suggest looking at Audionote DAC's. I've heard the DAC 4 balanced and the DAC 5 signature, and they are terrific, albeit at breathtaking prices.

By the way, my analogue rig is a Basis Debut V (vacuum) table, Vector arm and Lyra Titan cartridge.
What do I think of the TRL modded 595 Sony? It took about 3 weeks or better to break in, but your initial thoughts are correct. This player defies all logic. It's inexpensive, is a lightweight at 12 pounds, yet sounds more analog and more accurate than other considerably more expensive players I had considered.

I've found myself not listening to reel tape playback and LP's as much as I used to. Digital used to fatigue me, I'd get maybe an hour of listening in at best. Now I listen longer than I should, which has my Wife a little upset, but hey, the music is good!

I'd hook the TRL 595 up and give it a listen, then get back to me.