DeVore Orangutan O/96

The original Orangutan thread appears to have been deleted, so I'll re-start it. Did anyone hear them at In Living Stereo earlier this month? Any initial thoughts or comparisons you can offer? I'm anxious to hear them myself, but don't plan on being in the NYC area anytime soon...
oldgrey
The O/96 comes accross as appearing quite big in stature. Are they room dominant do they blend in just fine?

Fjn04 - the system you heard them on is almost my system, except substitude the Well tempered for the Ravin 0.5, I wish I was there!
I missed this year and last year's CES and I don't believe that John has shown up to RMAF for years. I was very anxious to hear the 0/96, but for 12K I've moved on. For that price I would consider a new Horning Aristotle or a used Agathon. Secondly I would have John remove the four post Shindo looking stand, and I would replace them with the custom Sound Anchor stand.

I'm sure it's a killer speaker. I have a pair of speakers with the 8" SEAS drivers and the midrange is blissful. I may cave once I hear them, but for 12K...?
I agree on the price---its direct competitor is the Audio Note right? which are more like 8k?
The AN-E/SPe HE is a great speaker for the right room, and last time I looked they were still under 8K. The AN-E only has an 8" bass driver, and the excitement regarding the Orangutan is that 10" SEAS woofer. John also told me that the Orangutans are less sensitive to placement than the Audio Notes, which is a big deal for me since my system is positioned along a long wall that doesn't have a corner on one side.
Lowens, I have not heard the 0/96's, but I plan on doing so soon. Sorry for the confusion, what you read was me repeating
what Jetrexpro had said.