High quality transports

I have narrowed my choices of transports down to

1) dCS Verdi

2) Levinson 31.5

3) Wadia 270

4) Sony SACD-1

Can I get some information from users or former users of these transports on if you are happy with them? Any other details about these transports is welcome.
bryanhod
I'd go with the Levinson 31.5, or even the 37, then the Wadia (not sure about company stabilty). The dCS I have heard can be flakey, and interacts best with it's own processor. The Sony is not in the same league as the rest of these.
Why didn't Mark Levinson make a new transport since the 31.5 one was so ledgendary? It almost seems they are making lower class of products these days.
They all have non-optimal S/PDIF outputs, by design. Read this for an explanation:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue14/spdif.htm
I had a ML31.5 for over five years in my system and found it to be a great transport regarding its sonic signature. It had replaced a CEC TL-1 which had a soothing, romantic sound but lacked PRAT and details in my system. I now have a Ensemble dirondo transport which has the best qualties of both transports and wonderful swiss quality of construction. I see someone is selling one at a very reasonable on the gon right now. I believe at the listed price it would be in your budget range with the other transports you listed. It really is a wonderful sounding piece you might want to see if you can audition one. Hope this is somewhat helpful to you. Teajay
Considered Emm Labs?

One you've heard one, and seen their client/user list, you may want to. Their CDSD is truly world-class with DAC6e.

-Dean