Are The Klipsch Heritage Series Really Worthy?

I'm thinking of purchasing a pair of La Scala II's. Anybody herd or have a pair that has had state of the art associated equipment and sounded comparable to the best speaker less the bottom octaves? Can't find a dealer who has them set up with qualitiy gear.
renmeister
Dirtbag, too bad many people do not give The Lascala II a fair chance or take them seriously. At their price point I do not think there is a better speaker out there(IMO). Even though the bass horn is small(rolling off the last octave), there is a coherency of tonal balance with the mid horn, and everything else for that matter, and, offers PRAT, like nothing else near its price(IMO,IME). I know musicians and industry people who own the Lascalas, series I and II(I own heavily modified Is)and we all simply "enjoy the music". So I say to you "enjoy" !
So K horns are now not equal to LaScala you can buy good used K horn for 2k why pay over 4k for LaScalas? And you admit to heavily modifying so hows that a deal? Seems most all klipsch heritage series owners are modifying. If there so great why all the mods?
JohnK. I want to first say that Khorns are EXCELLENT, but very limited because of the corner placement necessary, for me anyway. The build and makeup of the walls(home construction) can make or break some of their magic, keeping in mind that I listen a 100 db, and have said so many times. I have heard Khorns sound good, to fabulous, depending on room, acoustics, etc. One of the best Khorn set ups I heard was in a large basement in which "corners" were built using concrete blocks/wood panels. The corners of the basement were too far apart. So that's the story with the Khorn, ime. Lascalas are easy to work with, and I have found a pair of subs to mach them perfectly and coherently(was not easy). As far as the upgrades. Most products are designed with a price point in mind. The weakest part of the Lascala, imo, are the cabinets, specifically the dog houses(Klipsch lingo for the woofer portion of the box, in case you did not know). They are not well damped from vibration, and as you turn up the sound, it just gets worse. I learned this from Jim Thiel(may he rest in peace)before he was well known. I did not know him that well, but met him, and he shared ideas with some of us. Other companies spent time with box coloration(B&W comes to mind), but, I believe he nailed it. Since then, there is much info about the damping of the Lascala boxes and, other mods for them. Again, the basic design is great, but with available learning, parts, etc, this all leads to upgrades. Every hi end company I am familiar with, has had upgrades available, with a basic start out "chassis". Audio Research comes to mind. Look at every race car. What is being done to them to get this greater level of performance. All I can say, over and over, is that they allow me to listen and "get into" the recording that is playing. They are very "coherent", to my ears, because all three drivers within the cabinet work so well together. Sorry, but you asked.....later....
Reading my post after the fact, I wanted to clarify something. The basement experience I talk about had the "original" corners way too far apart. The "secondary" corners that were "built" along that same wall were to bring them closer together, with the listening position as the determining factor for their final build.
Johnk

My LaScalla II's were 4K brand new just 3 yrs ago. The MKII versions have addressed many of the issues of the original versions. I have not modded them in any way. I knew they would need a sub when I purchased them but even if you factor in the cost of the 2 Velodyne DD10PLUS subs I have you still get amazing sound for the dollar. You could buy used LaScalla's for under 1K, those are the ones being modded. And the only reason guys are modding them is because they are 20 to 30 yrs. old and need a rebuild anyway. If you have the room that works for them you would have to spend a pile of money to better them. IMHO