Oracle CDP 2000 vs 1000

hi,

I'm looking some help. Is someone could give me some details about CDP 2000 vs CDP 1000
I've listen the 1000 at the home of a friend of mine, but where I live ( Out of US ) I can't try a CDP 2000.

could u explain me what differences are, and improvement between both ?

ths mates

L
laurentd
05-08-07: Dev
Manufacturer rep. great, I have allot of questions Lynn;
#1 Firstly what are your qualifications?

Well she's the owner. Perhaps a better question is what are YOUR qualifications?
LOL

Money can always buy great equipment but it can never buy good listening skills.
Dear Sir,

You will find the exact identical electronics in our CD players 2500-1500 and CD transports 2000-1000 and the same CD drive laser mechanism. Top loading CD PRO II laser from Philips, selected because of its sonic capabilities.All Oracle Audio devices share the same electronic circuitry ( 2500-1500 ) and ( 2000-1000), remote control, external power supply and dust cap.
The CD 2000-2500 utilizes the 4 pillar suspension system to control unwanted vibration and is housed in a brushed aluminum chassis. The Oracle Audio CD 2000& CD 1000 is a CD transport system supplying your DAC with the clearest digital signal. The CD 2500 utilizes the same transport and suspension as the CD 2000 , but also incorporates an integral DAC. The DAC 1500/2500 players have their own internal D/A converter using the 12S signal from the laser drive. The internal DAC is based on the Cirrus Logic Crystal one bit chipset and is 24 bit.
Isolation VS suspension:
The CD 2000/2500 series utilizes the suspension/ isolation/ vibration control system found on the famous Oracle Delphi turntable. The efficient suspension system includes:
- for stability- the 4 suspension towers using 7 different mechanical filters including sorbothane dampers, grommets, springs, delrin pillars and spring sleeve.
- acrylic base
- now that the main chassis is suspended, the chassis also has a sorbothane ring decoupling the chassis from the transport mechanism
The CD 1000/1500 uses an isolation / vibration control system. There is a sorbothane ring decoupling the transport mechanism from the main chassis. There is also sorbothane ring to additionally decouple the main chassis from the footer system. The footer system uses urethane feet to further reduce vibration. We find a lot of mass/weight with this unit.Thank you for your interest . Lynn