Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan
Rmaurin:

I've heard both in my system, and I preferred the EMM. It was a close call, but I thought it was more dynamic, a little more resolving, and a bit more "accurate" sounding. The Reimyo, to my ears at least, was warmer and had a little bit of tizz up top that I didn't like. But, remember, that's in MY system. I don't think you can lose either way, as both units represent the absolute state of the art in digital reproduction. In my system, and with my listening priorities, I liked the EMM a little better.
I had the Wadia 270/27ix combo. I demo'd a Levinson 389S and immediately sold the Wadia combo. Now the 390S is in a second system and I have the Levinson 30.6 dac, and I use my Sony SCD-777ES as a transport.

To me, the Wadia house sound is grainy and has a sheen on it that is rather unpleasant.

Players I've liked:

BAT VKD5
BAT VKD5SE
Cal Audio Icon MKII (years back)
Gamut CD player
Levinson 390S

Try as many as you can. The more things change with digital sources the more they stay the same. Think of it as flavors of ice cream. Will you pay more for buttercrunch or chocolate chip?

Best,

Paul :-)
I have heard good things about APL Denon 3910. You can look up my recent thread on this issue.
Great Northern Sound Resolution Audio Opus 21..................you have to hear it to believe it!
My favorite headphone digital is the Wavelength Audio Cosine DAC with a good transport (consider Audio Note's new CDT2/II) though the DAC may lack ultimate bass depth. Or an Audio Note DAC. Also consider a Wavelength Audio USB DAC. That's what my new headphone system is: USB. ALL that music right there!