Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan
hey guido - you're in austin, right? if ever you'd like, feel free to make the short trek to san antonio if you'd like to hear the EMM stuff at mi casa.
I don't think the Consonace Droplet belongs in any discussion of best cd players under 12K. At its' price point it is very competitive but with the others mentioned in this thread it is entirely out of place.
Thanks for the additional suggestions guys, they've all been added to my list.

I'd still like to get some opinions about the CD12 and CDS3. Does anyone here own them or atleast heard them?
I own a CDS3. I have not had the opportunity to do any direct comparisons with other top CDPs or DAC/transport combinations, but I've heard many others in systems that I am familiar with. The CDS3 is a very capable player. It has very realistic dynamics and the kind of projection that makes it sound like the musicians are present in the room. There are other machines that give one a better sense of fine detail and delicate "air" on top, but they tend to be less "substantial" (sort of spectral and less solid in imaging terms). The CDS3 is an engaging player that makes you sit up and listen, but it is not harsh and fatiguing. It is not as dynamic sounding as some other Naim players, like the CDX2, but that player sounds mechanical and artificial by comparison.

I also like Audionote DACs (particularly DAC 5 signature) with virtually any good transport. This is quite a different presentation than the CDS3, but very appealing. The sound is more liquid and relaxed, but it is not dull or sluggish sounding either. It may not be as exciting sounding as the CDS3, but it is a beautiful, coherent and luscious sound.
I used to be of the opinion that the Reimyo was at the top of the pile, but I nevertheless used the Exemplar 3910 as I wanted not only redbook. Recently with the new Exemplar 5910 I have tried the Halcyonic active isolation base. It made such a major inprovement that I now have to go back to consider what improvements it might make under other players. It may be that the platform further improves everything, or it may be that some are more greatly improved than others resulting in a foreshortening of the differences among them.

The Halcyonic also vastly improved my vinyl system. This unit has greatly complicated my life and of course given me sound that I thought was impossible.