Which speaker has the biggest sound stage?

I tried out a Magnepan 1.7 a couple months ago, and I am a bit shock by the sound stage of it. It just feel live music. Although the bass is a bit lacking, I really like the "be there" feeling.

So, my question is, does all planar speaker (electrostatic, ribbon ... ) have such big sound stage? And with different brands and models, which one has biggest sound stage?

Specifically for Magnepan, the 3.6 is about $1000 more than 1.6. What are the major differences? and is it worth the extra money?
gte357s
The NEW BOSE 901 series 6 version 2's has whole ROOM filling soundstage !...LIVE IN CONCERT !..
Elizabeth is WRONG.
The issue of the glue which holds the Mylar and wires together is NOT one that any customer should worry about.
Well, worry about that in equal amounts of the surrounds of the cone drivers rotting.
I sold Maggies for 15 years--along the way servicing customers who owned older maggies....never ONCE in all that time did this problem arise.
They (Maggies) are not impossible to break, but they are very hearty speakers AND they are marvelous sounding.

A little information in the hands of someone with limited experience, is a dangerous thing.

Good listening,
Larry
I guess my friend wasted a LOT of time re-gluing the wires to the mylar of his MG-IIIA's over the past couple of months then. It certainly 'looked' like the wires had separated from the mylar. Funny thing about absolutes I guess...
Good Post Larry. Perfect example of a self appointed expert, that likes to hear them self's talk.
To answer the OPs question, yes fairly all larger panel speakers have this huge soundstage. An eception might be the Magnepan MMG for its dinky size, it certainly is not capable of the vastness of the bigger panel speakers.

Besides Magnepan you've got the aforementioned Analysis, Sound Lab and Kings Audio (reviewed). Quad makes a couple of bass shy full range ESLs. Then you have hybrids which really are all over the place in terms of how much panel element is built into them. VMPS has quite a bit, but Legacy Audio uses only one planar element in the Whisper and Helix (reviewed). Eminent Technology has a very similar concept to Magnepan, but is a hybrid with a sealed 8" bass driver per channel (reviewed). The Janzen is also thinner ESL hybrid. Martin Logan is a hybrid with a curved ESL panel, which may/may not require subs added to satisfy.

One thing to keep in mind is the width of the soundstage, as people have distinct preferences in this regard. Some don't mind a narrow sweet spot while others find it intolerable. You will definitely have more lateral extension to it with the wider panels in general.

As to the largest, if you want a planar sound the Magnepan 20.1 is among the biggest, and if you prefer an ESL sound the King is quite competent. The biggest and having among the best sound is the Sound Lab. Pay careful attention to the bass response especially if coming from a larger/deeper bass full range speaker, as you may end up feeling the bass is insufficient with some of these brands.