Which speaker has the biggest sound stage?

I tried out a Magnepan 1.7 a couple months ago, and I am a bit shock by the sound stage of it. It just feel live music. Although the bass is a bit lacking, I really like the "be there" feeling.

So, my question is, does all planar speaker (electrostatic, ribbon ... ) have such big sound stage? And with different brands and models, which one has biggest sound stage?

Specifically for Magnepan, the 3.6 is about $1000 more than 1.6. What are the major differences? and is it worth the extra money?
gte357s
The biggest most natural soundstage I've experienced with images placed in a real 3 dimensional sound field were captured to the greatest extent by a pair of Soundlab A-1's and the absolute best, a pair of highly modified Infinity Ref 5s. I also had a memorable experience with the Apogee Stages in this respect and considering their price at the time, a bit over 2K I seriously considered their purchase but really didn't have the space at the time to allow them to perform their magic.

I always thought the Maggies presented a very realistic image but never produce a stage to the extent of the above mentioned but then again I never heard the Tympani IV's
Texas,
I was simply giving my experience. It's like anything else...ymmv. However when Elizabeth said, 'You will'...I had a knee jerk...with me 'jerk' being the operative.
I know the Maggies to be incredibly good and reliable.
I really didn't take it as an attack at all. I was afraid one comment would escalate to another and they's become the scourge of the universe...

Good listening,
Larry
Thanks for all the replies. There are quite a number of suggestions and I did a lot of readings. I am quite interested in the Gallo Reference 3. To be honest, the planar speakers like the Magnepan won't get my wife's approval to put in the living room. I am just starting my research until I can get a dedicated room. So, I will keep an eye on the Gallo 3.
While reading the Gallo 3 on 6moon, there is another speaker that also get a luna eclipse award - the Zu Druid. Anyone has any experience with it? It falls within my budget, and it looks good, easier to pass the wife-test. Would it be an upgrade over my B&W CDM9NT?

Thanks.
Gte357s, there is always the quality vs quantity factor to weigh. ie: the music or a wife's disapproval. would a means justify an ends, or ends justify a means? Disclaimer: I'm a bachelor
I heard a set of very large planar speakers, I think they were Magnepans but I am not sure at the CES in Chicago in 1989. That was one of my most fun days ever, seeing all the rooms in the hotel across the street set up with different stereo systems and people peddling their hifi wares. So these speakers were set up in the big Ball room. Four large panels powered by 4 large, separate ARC tube amps. A classical piece was playing and it was like a life size orchestra in the room. I could pinpoint every single instrument in the orchestra. A very memorable experience.

I myself had and enjoyed planar speakers for 14 years. It was the opposite for me. My wife liked how they looked and was upset with me when I sold them to try something new. I was always impressed with the speed and imaging of the Thiel speakers. I'm very happy with my Thiel speakers now and with analog especially, they can produce a large soundstage. The only downside was the expense to amplify them since they like lots of current. Planar speakers are much easier to drive being typically a resistive load.