APL 3910, Exemplar 3910, MF KW, Esoteric X-01?

I currently have Krell KPS-28c cd player ($8500). I am thinking about upgrading in the near future. Please help me decide which player – most important for me is “red book” format. The rest of my gears are Krell KCT pre-amp ($9000), Krell 400cx amp ($10500) and Wilson Audio Sophia ($11500). Following are possible players in random order:
Musical Fidelity KW SACD - $7,000.00
Krell CD/SACD – to be released soon (because of CAST) - $?
ESOTERIC X-01 SACD/CD - $13,00.00
APL 3910 - $5000.00
Exemplar 3910- $4000.00

Will I be down grading instead of upgrading with any of the above player?

Thanks in advance for your input
sd2005gt
Guidocorona,
Thanks so much for your input. I will be looking at the APL 3910 more closely.
I would listen to both,at the same time,(take dealer demo's home to compare to each other, i have done that and bought the esoteric OX-1,and the reason is because,this thing byfar made the best soundstage i have heard,and detail up the wasu,The MF KW-CACD,was a warmer player,but it could not compete with the esoteric,also the kw sacd player i used,had some problems,it took forever to find the next song,and when you load a disc it took forever to track it,horible machine!!,the TRI VISTA wasn't bad but it lacks top end due to the tubes, it rolled off the top, just listen and compare and then buy..

Michael.
I agree with Michael's suggestion. Take the units you seem to like best home for a spin if possible at all.
I personally adore the Teac Esoteric X-01, -- audio-only brother of the UX-1--which not having video output and no DVD support, has been optimized for redbook and SACD playback, and is equipped with 4 DAC chips per channel instead of the 2 per channel found in the UX-1.
Just a word of warning: X-01 and UX-1 do not sugar-coat nor caramelize the recording.
They will give you lots of information, in all its beauty, but also in a lot of its truth. If the recording were terrible, these machines will not hide it.
They will sound their best with revealing but tonally complete power chords like the Shuniata Anaconda VX and the Electraglide Epiphany. Power chords that exasperate treble or bass like the Kimber Palladium may make the X-01 sound unbalanced. To make an analogy, these are like Arabian horses: don't feed them hot chile peppers!
I have recently received the Exemplar 5910 which is still too new to be assessed, although the first night was a revelation. Apart from the possibility that the 5910 will change this, I have not heard any digital that beats the Reimyo CDP777, although I have never bought one as I want to play sacds. I had both the Exemplar 2900 in its many mods as well as the Exemplar 3910 in its several versions, with many of them caused by the development of the 5910. I have preferred these to my old EMM and dCS gear, but those comparisons were made before there were changes in both. I have only heard the APL in several shows and not in a side by side comparison in any good circumstance. I have heard the DV-50, UX-1, and the mono dac unit whose name I don't recall. The DV-50 was easily bested by the Exemplar 2900 and the APL/Philips sacd100. I didn't like the UX-1 without the atomic clock and with it it was too expensive. Same for the mono dacs. I do not think any of the above would be a downward step from the Krell cd player, which I consider second rate.

I agree with dvavc in that you should listen to these in your system if possible.
Tbg - I am curious to know if the Exemplar 5910 is significantly more superior then the Expemplar 2900 - please post your finding as soon as you have enough hours on it. Also would like to know how it stacks up with the Reimyo CDP777