Best Male Singers of the 20th Century

There is an interesting current discussion about the best female vocalists on CD. I have my own ideas about the best male singers (any category) of the 20th Century, but would like to hear other opinions.
sdcampbell
Rob Halford, then its the King (Diamond of course), then Bruce Dickinson. Or reverse the order of the second two. Clearly the top three.
Thanks,
Chris
David Bowie, if intensity & diversity of styles are the criteria used to judge the "best". He's in the same league with Freddie Mercury.
I hate to burst everyone's bubble but if you sit down with all his cd's and listen,I mean really listen to his vocal range and tonal quality there is NO DOUBT that Chris Isaak is the 20th centuries best male singer!As a matter of fact there is only one other male singer in musical history to better him & that was Elvis!
I think Sinatra probably, but other greats are Nat King Cole, Johnny Hartman, Sam Cooke, Ray Charles and Jimmy Rushing. Some of these other postings are preposterous; they're so wrong as to be unintentionally funny - Chris Isak, Van Morrison, David Bowie? Somebody should be kidding but they're probably not. Ignorance of what constitutes real musical ability apparently is unbounded.
Kevziek-

I've also had some training in music -certainly not to your level- so am naturally predisposed toward classical/opera. That said, I am sure you will be labeled an elitist, snob, dilettante, pick your name. I do listen to a fair amount (probably more than is good for my sanity) of popular music, but I never make the mistake of equating mediocre talent with the real greats. Sometimes the baser side needs its time to partake of other than Verdi, Mozart, et al.

As you, I won't offer any names for the simple reason that when the inevitable criticisms follow, I'd feel compelled to defend them. Their singing appeals to me; if you don't care for it, I don't give a jolly rip!

BTW, I wonder if that one guy is describing Mario Lanza, Caruso's contemporary?