Cary 306 SACD

Hi,
Has anyone heard this latest cd player from Cary yet? How does it compare to the 303/300? Thanks
nickt
Senna (Or anyone else that has heard this player): what players were you looking at before and how did they compare?
I compared the Cary 306 sacd to my analog setup.(rega p9/ruby3/cary ph302).I felt the SACD playback had better control of the frequency extremes ,poise,balance and seperation of the layers of music than my analog setup.My analog setup still has a very slight edege in terms 3d imaging and body.But only on the best vinyl recordings i.e. 45rpm recordings from analogue productions/DCC/Classic records.
The differances are so close that I just go for the
music....digital or analog no preference.
Previous to the Cary the best digital I had heard was from a theta transport/gen va.So,I had not heard the very best digital players out there.However,if you go to the audio asylum forum.There are several postings my new 306 cary owners who have compared it to highend digital playback and analog.
Its definately worth auditioning....even if you have to travel a bit to find a dealer.
Senna: I checked out the comparisons on Audio Asylum and most of what I found were comparisons against the 303 / 300 and the earlier 306 / 200. I'm a little disappointed that the player has not generated more excitement. Maybe its me but i expected more in terms of comparions against the competition (eg Marantz SA 11, Ayre C-5xe, DV-50s, etc.). Even comparions against the recent redbook players would be a help like the Lector, Meridian G08, etc..
The practical question is - how to arrange to hear these players side by side in the same system.

The 306-SACD has only been on the street for a month, not too many are around yet. For me, it is sufficient to have this player and I have not had an interest in the other players. As I have had other Cary players, comparing to them is rather easy.

Also, I really don't know anyone with really high end digital gear.

Any suggestions on how to arrange a comaprison?
Oldvinyl - If I recall correctly, you wrote some glowing reviews of the 303/300 on AA some months back. You say that the new 306 SACD is in another league compared to that player. Could you provide some more direct comparisons between the two when it comes to redbook playback?

I have both the 303/200 and 303/300 and am giving some thought to the 306 SACD, though I dislike the idea of joining the "newest player of the month" club. I enjoy the flexibility of the 303/300 output and could live with this player for some time to come, however... I always like to leave the door open for something special.

Also, could you give us some details of the system that your 306 SACD drives?