MiniMonitor 33lbs w/realistic vocals,not bright.

I listen to popular music (50's to now) and want mini-monitors (bedroom-corner system, not desktop, sitting 5-6 feet away). My goals are
[1]silky but realistic, rounded vocals that have detail and are palpable with details and character;
[2]bass control;
[3]limited piercing brash highs that make me wince.

I have a good tubed headphone amp/preamp in this space (it's now a headphone system) so active speakers are fine, but passives with a small amp could work too. So what would be a good speaker or speaker/amp combo?

My 1st try was active Quad 12Ls (because I love my Quad 9Ls on my computer), and I kind of like them but I'm looking for that does the silky-midrange-vocal + sweet-highs thing.

My source in an EMM cd player.

(If you have thoughts on getting what I want out of the Quad 12Ls, that would be fine too.)
rgs92
Rgs92 - I know the size may be a concern, but I've got two dealers on here with Monitor 3s for sale right now.
Yep, others have steered me to the 1SC (ProAc).
I need to look at an amp too I guess.
You would think with everybody into computer music these days there would be a higher presence of high end active speakers beyond ATC, Quad and PMC and some Swans. I think that's why the little active Quads have so much media attention & reviews, as they don't have much competition.
Jean Marie Reynaud Bliss or Bliss Silver. All of JMR's speakers are known for their silky smoothness and delicate highs. They have all the detail one could want, but not in a forward or aggressive way. They excel with tubes. StereoTimes review. Check out reviews of their other models since the overall sound is consistent across the entire line.

Even a used set of JMR Twins mkII would do the trick.
Look into Shelby + Kroll Nano Monitors with a Woffer Monitor. These will work well for you. Smooth and silky with loads of good clean bass.