Has digital come close to or beat up analog yet ?

How about it digitals, how good are you doing out there? Let's talk 05 circuits and product and see who's getting it right for a change. Or are we going to keep turning over product and monies to support others mistakes. Yes we can call the mistake the next generation of product line. Yeah and then turn that product over until somebody gets it right. Now who might that manufacturer be, I wonder who's getting it right or close to it? Do you know? Please advise this old flaming fart. You know the match trick,remember?
lithojoe
I agree with all the above posters. I own the Meitner DCC2/CDSD, and have heard the Reimyo, Accustic Arts, and Zanden rigs, and IMO the best of digital today offers the same level (but VERY diferent presentation) of performance that the best analog does. Analog still does some things that digital doesn't and probably never will do, but I can say the same for digital vs. analog. For me, it comes down to what type of presentation you prefer--just as is the case with solid state vs. tubes. The diehards will continue to spew their rhetoric one way or the other, but for me, at the uppermost level, you can't lose either way.
Digital gave analog a bloody nose with a right hook. I'm pretty sure it's broken. Analog put down digital with a sucker-punch to the groin, and kicked'em while he was down. There is no clear winner, just a lot of cleaning up to do. For God's sake, will someone mop up that blood!

Marco
i wouldnt go that far....

the vpi scoutmaster is pretty darn good ($3000 with cart)... i dont think there is digital unit within a reasonable $$$ amount
Hey Mike, I'm an analog guy all the way (look at my system). Truth is though, bad phono, bad set up and / or bad cartridge and a high end digital and the roles can be reversed.

One of my best friends in my audio group has a CEC TL1X and an Audio Note 4X balanced. While his Aesthetix Io and Callisto are being worked on he is pinch hitting with VTL 5.5 (?) preamp.

Believe it or not, with that set up the digital is about even with the analog. When the Aesthetix stuff comes back the digital will improve greatly and the analog will walk away from it. I know this will be the outcome because until the Aesthetix was returned to be upgraded to latest, I heard this rig a hundred times.

Funny how much gear effects the end results.