Denon DVD 2900 problems with SACD

Hey Everybody,

I have a problem with my DVD 2900 reading SACD discs. I can not play any of my SACDs all the way through without the player skipping or stopping and displaying "NO PLAY" on the fron display. Many of them will not start at all with the same "NO Play" message displayed. These same discs will play in my Planet no problem and are spotless. I have used a lens cleaner disc and I just installed a firmware update with no change. It plays DVD v and A perfectly and CDs too.
Has anybody had this same problem and does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks for your time
Jim
desmondjim
I had a similar problem with a 2910 -- fairly new. Playing multichannel disks it first displayed this behavior on SACD. I have just bought the SACD so I thought it was the disk and took the disk back. Bought the same album in DVD-A format and this started skipping as did all the disks. When I say skipping, it was more of a start/freeze/start. I took it back and it tested our fine. Seems to work ok now.
I have had my Denon 2900 for a year now, and have had no problems playing redbook CDs, SACD, DVD-A and DVD-V. BTW DSOTM plays just fine & all the way through; this is a classic, I luv this one!
I've had mine for more than a year. The only discs that are a problem are the DualDiscs. The player doesn't seem to like the thicker discs and skips on the CD side.