Is there a huge diff, between 2CE Sig II & 3A Sig?

I have a Vandersteen 2CE Sig II now and thinking about upgrading to 3A Sig. Don't get me wrong I love my 2 Sig II and my velodyne sub blends really well with my 2 CE Sig II. I'm using two McIntosh MC-2100 one for each speaker. What difference will I notice with the 3A Sig? Thanks.
miketuason
A friend just spoke to Jason from Vandersteen and this is what he said "Yes, the 2Ce sig 2 has a new mid range driver. The woven composite cone of the Quarto Wood.

The tweeter is from the model 5. So, it's just the mid-range driver that's changed. Jason also mentioned that the speaker is also

more efficient, they can play louder. Vandersteen wanted to consolated the number of drivers in their growing inventory. Also,

Jason mentioned that they were not sure the new midrange driver would work but were able to use the same crossover with minor mods."
OP, does your 2CE Sig IIs incorporate these updates to the model? If so, I suspect the change would be even less huge, those sound like significant migrations up the VS food chain, making them an even greater bargain for the price - assuming it has stayed the same.
The upgrade on the 2CE Sig II only happens with in the last Month, unfortunately I didn't make it, but you're right the audible change would be way less less huge.
I'm using pristine condition (9/10) 2Cs built in 1979. They sound wonderful using Krell and Oppo. I will definitely be purchasing current-model 2s or 3s when mine give up. Reading threads like these help tremendously.