Ayre C-5xe vs. BelCanto PL-1A vs DV-50S..

has anybody ever compared these units? Comments are highly appreciated.
frankpiet
Thanks for your input. I currently lean towards the C-5xe or the Bel Canto as I´ve heard that the Bel Canto has better picture and is more refined than the DV-50 S. The only thing I don´t like with the Ayre: it lacks DVD capability..
I have tried all 3...same for me too Ayre is a really impressive. Bel Canto is good but a bit somewhat dry...neutral but not in an involving way. Note Ayre is 2 channel only and no video if that matters to u. The other two are muti and have video. For video only Bel Canto's PL1 is better than PL1-A
I´ve just bought a new DV-50 S after living quite comfortable with an Audio Aero Capitole MK II. Choosed the Esoteric for its great ability to be modifyed. I´ve once heard a heavily modified DV-50S in a friends system which easily blew away my AA the Wadia 861SE and the Linn CD 12.
I´ve heard the PL-1 A and I must say not musical at all although very high resolution and a bit lean and mean. C-5xe I´ve heard meanwhile - stunning but no DVD-Video and not that easy to mod - I´ve been told..
MY TIP: get a cheap DV-50 S spent US $ 1.500,00 on mods and you´ll have a unit that easily outperforms UX-1 and C-5xe.