Zu Omen Defs and Ice Amps?

Anyone have the opportunity to audition a pair of Zu Omen Definitions and a Class D or Ice Amp? The Zu's obviously don't need a lot of power so I'm thinking one of these newer digital amps might be a good fit. If so, please share the make/model of amp and your impressions. So far, I'm considering the King Rex, Trends, Dayton, and Topping amps but I'm sure I've left a few out that might be contenders. Thanks in advance.
texas42
When I first got my (standard) Omens, I used them with one of the new Bel Canto C5i integrated amps. I believe this is an ICE amp rated at 120wpc at 4 ohms. They sounded ok, but I always felt the bass sounded thin with that amp. Some weeks later, I completed a Bottlehead S.E.X. amp, which is a 2.5wpc SET amp. Lo and behold the Omens had a whole different sound with the little Bottlehead amp. Low frequencies especially sounded alot fuller and richer.

I spoke with the folks at Bottlehead and the consensus was the lower damping factor of the tube amp was producing more apparent bass. For whatever reason, the little SET amp just sounds better on the Omens than the ICE amp.
jplaurel,
Yes, another of many examples that illustrate the mandatory proper matching of amplifier and speaker. A well made SET amp can sound disarmingly natural and "real" sounding with the correct speaker. With an inappropriate speaker these amps will predictably disappoint.
I realize I am late to this thread, but I recently purchased a pair of Omen Defs and are running them with a Wyred DAC-2 directly to Wyred SX-500 mono amps. Sound is absolutely spectacular (to my ears and my tastes). There are so many variables to system synergy -- associated equipment, and the most important aspect that is often overlooked, the room itself. I have the Omen Defs in an upstairs loft that is 15' x 35' x 8' -- these speakers like room to breathe. The final placement of the speakers was somewhat farther apart than other speakers I have had. They throw a massive sound stage, and with the Wyred gear, they are extremely fast, dynamic and smooth -- not edgy or shrill at all. I can't really comment on the lower octave as my room has a 'hole' in the 40 - 50 Hz range. I have a subwoofer to augment from 50 Hz down (have had to use that for every speaker I have had in this room).
Afraid to stir the pot BUT I'm looking to possibly purchase a ZU ht system based on the omen def and need a good multichannel amp. Any suggestions? I know most above dislike the class d amps but wondered about the wyred 4 sound units that seem to be getting good reviews.
Jamesw20,

I had an HT system consisting of 2 pairs of Omen Defs and an Omen center, all powered by Wyred 4 Sound amps (3 SX-1000 monos for the front 3, pair of SX-500s for the rear). It sounded fantastic (everyone that came by to hear was floored by the sound, and many who 'debunked' class D were surprised to learn that's what they were listening to). I have now upgraded to Definition MKiii speakers in the front, and have moved up to a pair of mAMP mono amps powering them. Again, they sound fantastic in 2 channel (several people were very surprised to learn they preferred the Wyred setup - mAMPS and STP/SE -- over a highly touted tube integrated), and just as good for HT. I would not hesitate to recommend the Wyred amps for an Omen Def theater system.