Am I behind the digital eightball?

Here's the scoop. I own the AA Prima cdp. I love the sound. When SACDS first came out, I avoided listening to them, not only because of the limitation of my Prima, but the 500 or so cds I have. Now, there are oodles of players that do both. The Ayre C-5xe review has got me thinking. Is there a digital front end that will, at the least, give me what I have with my Prima, plus SACD with equal panache. Now, better than my Prima would be nirvana. I bought my Prima new three years ago, and would love to spend, proportionately, the same $$ for a cd/sacd player. Any thoughts, recommendations? thanks in advance, warren :-)
128x128warrenh
good points John. I thought my post was pretty clear, however. My homework is leading me the APL way. If anything is disproptionate, it is the positive, not the negative. and that's a good thing. warren
Warrenh, your original post states that you love the sound of your current player. If that's the case, then why change? If all you want to do is add SACD capabilities to your system, then buy a separate SACD player and keep the player you love.
George, I am very happy with my Prima, but that being said, it doesn't mean that I couldn't be happier. New sacd player means new ics, new power cord, new sistrum rack. In my case that means about $2500. I love my Prima, but there is better. I would have purchased a Capitole in a jiff, back when I purchased my Prima if I had the money. Now it appears that I can have sound that is better than the Capitole MKII with sacd capability for $6k. The experience ab ing the AA vs the APL3910 has been emailed to me by said owners, who now own and love the APL. Certainly exciting these tympanics.