Notice how many SACD collections for sale?

Does this say something about the state of the medium? Have you pondered throwing in the hi-rez towel?
128x128seasoned
Tbg, did you buy the RC machine or do you get it done for extra $$. I do understand that the RC process does take some extra effort.
I like SACD, and will not be selling any soon. I enjoy multi-channel the most, and the hi-rez aspect is a bonus. I think you need to commit to a full high quality multi-channel system before you experience what SACD and DVD-A have to offer. Don't scrimp on the center and surround equipment. I like my redbook CDs, and have a long list that I wish were in SACD or DVD-A. SACD stereo is a dud!
Milpai,

Having done 50 cds now, I am glad I bought the machine. I only wish that the cleaning process were not so tedious and so necessary.

Patternlou, I would not go so far as to say that "stereo SACD is a dud," but I have only heard mc sacd under limited circumstances where the hardware was very expensive and quite unimpressive sounding IMHO. I am unlikely to ever invest in the necessary equipment for mc.
This is just a word of thanks to everyone who is dumping their SACD collections! Keep them coming!!!