Small monitors/bookshelves for classical music

I currently own KEF iQ5 floorstanding speakers and ROTEL RB980BX Power Amp. I listen to classical music(Bach, Mahler, Wagner, etc). Though KEF iQ5 lacks deep bass, I am completely fine with that when listening to classical music.

I am seeking to buy a pair of new/used monitors/bookshelf speakers. I want a truly "bookshelf" speaker which can be put on a desk or even a bookshelf. I will not put them on stands. Neither will I pair them with a subwoofer. But I will pair them with this ROTEL RB980BX. ROTEL RB980BX is very powerful, 120W/ch. I can spend below $600.

After doing multiple painful searches online and on this forum, I have several potential speakers/monitors in mind.
PSB Alpha B1
B&W 686 or 685
Paradigm Mini
hl10027
Oops, missed your price point Hl10027, sorry.
Quad 9Ls (or 12Ls) actives are nice if you have preamp-outputs somewhere in your system.
I have both on computers & like them a lot.
The 9Ls can be found for about $500 used and are very silky and well defined at at the same time.
They can even be driven right from your source with their own remote volume control.
Rlwainwright and Schubert mentioned KEF 103.2. This interests me.

BTW, what do you mean by KEF sound? Since I listen to no other speakers substantially, I do not know if I will prefer other kind of sound. Moreover, is my KEF speakers of the typical "KEF" sound?
Dear Zmanastronomy, Tekton design highly interests me. They looks just cute. I saw it was rated as "best value under 1000" on audioreview for its Tekton Model OB4.5. But they might be very hard to resell, compared to B&W, PSB or KEF.
Silverline Minuet Supreme speakers have a list price of $699 but perhaps you can find them on Audiogon within your target price range.