Anyone have experience with the Nanotec Nespa?

I'd be interested in your experience, including whether you have compared it with the Reality Check, used it in conjunction with the R Check, with fluids, etc. Thanks

for those not familiar: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/nanotech/nespa.html
jfz
Leec, I grant that using the RealityCheck cleaners and duplicator, which copies at a much slower rate than even the Cool Copy's Raw Disc copy, takes much time. But knowing how much better the discs sound drives me to doing the entire process.

I have AudioTop digital, RealityCheck original and RealDisc, and several older cleaners around. Of these the ClearDisc and ClearBit originals proves best. Perhaps at some later date I will try the 8500 after the others have been used. My disappointment with RealDisc has put me off for further experiments.

I had hoped that my first disc showed that Nespaing only the copy was best, unfortunately the second showed the benefits of copying both the original and then the copy,.

Now that my tests are done, I will be settling down to enjoying the fruits of this, including listening to vinyl.
Tbg and Leec, Thanks for sharing your info.

Does anyone know of a modder who is offering modifications for the Reality Check duplicator or the Cool Copy duplicator or any other standalone duplicator (one that doesn't use a computer). Such modifications could include installing a linear power supply (which Gary Loh considers very important), software similar to the Exact Audio Copy or Plex Tools (to guarantee accurate duplication), a Super Clock (to reduce jitter), and a hard drive. Using software to first get an accurate copy onto the hard drive, then using software to select which tracts you want to duplicate from the hard drive onto your black CD-R discs offers a nice flexibility. Making a compilation of several favorite selections from a number of CDs onto a single black disc is more convenient when it comes to listening.

Best Regards,
John
I have heard of such mods but am unlikely to try them as I think discs will soon all be put on to hard drives with a USB dac playing them. I have pretty good reasons to suspect that duplicate benefits to not pass to the hard drive. I would not be surprised, however, were Nespa benefits on the originals to pass to the hard drive.

I have found myself that computer copies of originals are not the equal of the RealityCheck duplicates and to some degree the Cool Copies. I don't know why this is true.

The power supply on the RC is quite small and must be even smaller on the CC. I also don't like using a transformer on the ac.
Tgb,
So you must have used your Nespa on many discs now, I value your thoughts (even though I know what I hear) please tell us how much of an improvement you hear after a light treatment?
Lee
Leec, I do think the Nespa treatment is more significant than duplicating and proper cleaning. Of the many cd-rs I have made already, I found one where Nespaing the original and then making a second cd-r and Nespaing it was better than just Nespaing the cd-rs I had already made.

Being lazy I decided to just Nespa my old copies. In every case there has been a further substantial improvement. I cannot, however, say that I will rely only on the Nespa. It may be a majority of the improvement you can make on cds, but I want it all.

I have abandoned the Audio Desk trimmer on all but my sacds as it make no improvement either on the copies I make of cds. It does improve the originals, but this doesn't seem to transfer to copies made of it.

Curiously the Furatech demagnetizer has a minor effect on cd-rs. Nothing of the magnitude of its effect on cds, however.