Marantz 8260 CD/SACD

I bought this unit used about a year ago. I've never had ANY problems with it. Suddenly it's having trouble reading discs. It takes a long time to read it, then flashes "error", then starts up as normal. But then it will skip occasionally. I've tried unplugging it from the power source and then restarting it, but it still does it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
ecruz
You know what's the funniest thing about this all, how you people going to sell these players with all this bad press?
I bought one the middle of last year hoping the issues would be fixed. Brand new problems out of the box. Very slow read times and disc errors galore. I just bought a new transport and stayed with Sony ES as Marantz gives me the willies now. I never knew what would play and what wouldn't.

The sound quality was excellent but I will not buy another Marantz player maybe ever. I had the 63 from the mid 90's but it took a few years to die. As much as I don't like Sony the company I've never had problems even with the inexpensive players of theirs I've used over the last 2 decades.

In my opinion after this many years of production my respect for Marantz is now pretty nil, at least for the latest products. Ones made in the 70's were very good indeed.
My 8260 started refusing to read certain SACD's, then a few more, then almost all SACD's failed.
I sent it back to Marantz and they replaced the laser and tracking mechanism.
Problem solved.