Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
I will close this out with I need to get the 4. Something to look forward to.

Good chatting with you 213. At least we agree on the Zu Def2/3/4 as an incredible speaker design and the whole Zu Company being 1st class gents. Would love to hear your setup someday.
213Cobra, I've been talking to the Audion distributor in the UK, and he feels the Silver Knight should also be in contention with the Black Shadow. There is an anniversary edition that takes it up to 18w/ch, surely enough for the 103dB eff Def4s.
He's also a definite advocate of using a TVC preamp with the Audion, recommending the Silvercore from Germany.
So is your preference for the Black Shadow (over the Silver Knight/Golden Dream) with the Def4s and decision away from TVC just personal choice, or from a technical standpoint as well?
Good debate/discussion that was handled in a relatively adult manner.

Schw06, I understand that your system has gone through a major overall. Any comments on the relative contributions of your new gear (AMR dac, Luxman amp, Dimitri conditioner) to what you are enjoying now? Any comments on the transition from a SET to the Luxman? What did you think of the TEO cabling in comparison to the Zu?

In my recent experiences with cables and conditioning, you can radically alter the tone and musicality of a system that way. Tubes are often the easy road to achieve this but often seem to lack the vibratory, ambient energy and dynamics of live music even with high efficiency speakers. Just my two cents....
Andrew,
There have been some major changes in my system. The biggest change has been the Definition IV's over the previous 2's and 213Cobra has eloquently described the differences so I won't elaborate on that further. Regarding SET's vs. Luxman and the TEO cables, I would be more than happy to discuss this with you or anyone else that wants to chat but I don't want to derail the Zu thread. Feel free to email me at dschwegman@gmail.com or call me (404)788-7708. I'm always happy to give my impressions and eager to hear your thoughts.
Lastly, I couldn't agree more with you that a musically satisfying system can be achieved through different approaches. I have been fortunate enough to find happiness through vastly different routes.
David