Sony SCD-1 mod

I just purchased one of these units.Is this unit worth modding or am I better of just getting a different unit?Who does the best mod for this unit?
budt3210
Yoh,

I also endorse Richard Kern to Mod the Sonys-One great advantage is you do not have to send the 60lb Gorilla to him--he will instruct you how to remove the Boards he requires and how to reinstall upon return.

It's an easy peasy job to do-- I'm an idiot and I did it!

The Black Gates alone are worth the effort for sonic improvement--be quick though they are no longer made.

Highly Recommended,

Des
Thanks for the input guys.It is very much appreciated.I am still waiting for the unit to arrive.I also purchased a Moon Eclipse so I will be able to do an A/B before and after the mod with the Eclipse.Then I will be keeping the one I like the most.
If Modwright continues to do mods, consider them. I had my Sony modified about 1 1/2 years ago. It has worked flawlessly and the sonic improvement is astounding. The mod included the addition of tubes, which entails cover plate alterations.
Like Calloway, I have both the VSE and the Kern mods in my SCD-1 and IMHO the VSE is superior.