Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
My Druids are Ferrari red gloss, and so were my Def2s. Strong. It fits my home's scheme. My Def1.5s were Maserati Blue Nettuno, and my new Def4 are a Cadillac metallic blue. Nice counterpoint to the red system. I'll say this:

One of my cars is black. No more black cars. They look great clean, but they're perfectly clean for about 37 minutes after washing. Zu speakers in gloss black look splendid but show every fingerprint, dust spec & clearcoat scratch, just like a black car. And personally, I think Defs are too big to be a pure black object domestically.

Gloss red shows very little routine dust & prints. All colors are equally easy to clean & polish with automotive products. If red is too vivid, I think deep metallic blues look less severe than black and the color is more forgiving between cleanings. Alternately, a friend here in LA had a pair of Defs in a BMW metallic charcoal, and that was also elegant & forgiving compared to black.

But if black is your thing, consider choosing a black with light metalflake. It makes a black paint less glaring of faults.

Phil
Looking at True Matte Black, Cosmic Carbon, and Charcoal as alternatives to Gloss Black. For my decor (and mental state of my girlfriend), variations like Ferrari Red Gloss are out. My Def2s are Nextel Grey which has been functional but a little dull, so my dilemma is whether to go for a paler, possible metallic grey like Cosmic Carbon, darker Charcoal, or push for total black, Matte or Gloss.
Anyone with experience of these color schemes please help. Swatch samples from Zu are on their way to me.
This is a matter of personal taste. Obviously. Given my decor, I never considered anything other than black. I love the elegance of gloss black including the surface reflections, but admit that it is very unforgiving. I deal with fingerprints and smudges by not touching the speakers. Other than a light dusting, no one has touched my Def 4s since Sean positioned them last October.
I've had both Anthracite (metallic grey) and Maserati blue Zus---I prefer the dark blue with the Def4 aluminum bottoms as they are quite dark at night which adds interesting contrast.

If I was going black, I would do phantom black pearl (Audi) or something similar rather than a pure gloss black.
Well...I've placed my order for the Mk.IV's. I've been using the Mk 1.9's for the last ~3.5 years. I've been using Atma-Sphere M60's and love the purity, speed and transparency. Hope the MkIV's take me even farther down the path to musical bliss?!

One area I haven't been able to get "right" in my current room is the truly 3D holographic effect. It's really the only remaining "high end attribute" that I'm missing. I've had this attribute in a couple of other systems/rooms (i.e. Avalon Eclipse/Manley Neo Classic and, not quite to same degree, Druids/Atma M60's). Do the Mk IV's improve upon the previous models regarding this attribute?

Nearly 10 years ago I heard a most amazing thing at a dealer in Indy. Speakers were Proac Response models ( not sure which model, around $7000), driven by Cary 805's. I swear I could make out the lips, neck, body, legs of musicians...it was so "dense, palpable, and 3D" that it really was hard to believe. Is this kind of experience possible with the Mk IV's and a proper SET?

I have tried a Melody 300B SET (~8w/ch) with my Def 1.5's before upgrading them to 1.9 and it was a huge disappointment. They really sounded like there were pillows blocking the speaker compared to my Atma-Sphere's. The Atma's were far better in every attribute...by a large margin. I do not intend to ever give up my M60's, but am curious if an 845 SET with the Def Mk IV's has the potential to duplicate what I heard with the Proac/Cary 805?

Audio language seems to be fairly inadequate to describe how each of us hears/feels the music. I apologize if my ramble is unclear...mostly just excited to hear what the MkIV's can do and wonder if that last unfulfilled audio attribute can be integrated with all the others fully sated by my current Definition system? I refuse to trade any of the strengths of my current system though!

Thanks for any guidance!