Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
>Gopher wrote:
That was the area to my ears atma was weakest. Transparency, resolution, low bass extension--I'll concede those things.
I use the M60's and if you read carefully I said the "Zu/Atma system" moved me in that direction, not Atma alone. And I suppose I should qualify that technically the Melody 300B SET monos I owned had greater "tone density", but were thick as mud and severely lacking in transparency relative to the Atma's. I wouldn't say the Melodys moved me in the direction of "tone density" because they gave up so many other things most of us, but especially me, value in our music listening.
I didn't miss that--I just assumed Zu speakers were a given as part of a system as this is a Zu thread.

Thanks for clarifying, I can appreciate those observations. Interestingly, I'm using a Melody KT88 integrated myself these days which I like, but it is cleaner, more linear tube then the 300B, imo.

Enjoy your pairing! There is nothing wrong with Atma-sphere. :)
I also think I liked the Atma/Zu combo better than Gopher, who went from the Atma to an 845 amp, that I am pretty sure provided even more tonal density. I was coming from SS amps and with the 6SN7s I used (Black Treasures, RCA, and a couple others) I had tonal density that I was very pleased with. But it is always going to be a matter of personal preferences and system synergy.

A great combo, if that combo matches well with your prefs as a listener.
GB,

My source is the Metric Halo LIO-8, fed by a Macbook pro and Pure Music software

Had the Atma/Amarra #4 Dac running with a MM/PM and Zu Presence speakers.

Atma amp moved me closer to real live music than any of the SET amps I had in my system. The MH 8 is a great dac.

I found the MM running with a LPS to be a noisy little guy killing all my attempts to go to the next level. I had to by a Lampizator transport that took the MM out of transport duties. Now all is dead silent in the system.

To complete the final piece I grabbed a Dale Pitcher Power Bridge that was, to me, a true breakthrough in AC power supply. The Power Bridge makes my Def2 the Def10 SE SA. It runs my transport/Dac.

And cables are the last thing to worry/ get right. The PB will make that thought sound silly.
Glory wrote:
Atma amp moved me closer to real live music than any of the SET amps I had in my system. The MH 8 is a great dac.

Agreed on MH LIO-8. I've only experimented with the Melody 300B SET mono's and, at least in direct comparison to the Atma's, the lack of transparency, lack of speed, and general "mudiness" was not for me. On the other hand, prior to buying the Atma's and Definitions, the Melody was a nice amp on my Druids, bettering my Marantz integrated in most areas, but not all. On the Definitions, unfortunately, it was quite a different outcome. Perhaps they just couldn't handle the 6 ohm nom load of the Defs, yet the Atma's could? Go figure.

Glory wrote:
I found the MM running with a LPS to be a noisy little guy killing all my attempts to go to the next level. I had to by a Lampizator transport that took the MM out of transport duties. Now all is dead silent in the system.

I'm not following this? What is the MM and the LPS?

Glory wrote:
To complete the final piece I grabbed a Dale Pitcher Power Bridge that was, to me, a true breakthrough in AC power supply. The Power Bridge makes my Def2 the Def10 SE SA. It runs my transport/Dac.
The Power Bridge runs only your transport and Dac? And it made this big of a difference in your opinion? Have you ever tried the PS Audio Premier or other reconstituted power devices? Seems from a noise/isolation standpoint this would be far more effective? Color me curious.