Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Cobra, the ASR's neutrality and low noise is simply highlighting the idiosyncrasies of your system/room
Or another possibility,Phil system is revealing the true character of the ASR. One perspective is as plausible as the other.For those who prefer the ASR amp why does it matter so much that some don`t hear it as you do? In phil`s system the Audion amplifier was simply better in his opinion. We have a diffence of opinions,heaven forbid.
Gentleman, this is another example of system synergy. Years ago I tried SS Krell amps in my system, found them bleached/sterile, then tube BAT, found them too warm/coloured. Progressed onto tube pre+SS pow Hovland and it's been in my system ever since.
Aware of this, I'll be fully prepared for sound differences between ASR and Audion/Berning if I investigate amps.
My current consuideration is cart/phono stage (subject for another thread).
Spirit, what cables do you use? The consensus from recent ASR coverts is that Zu cabling is NOT synergistic as is a lot of silver cabling in general unless it is top of the barrel and well implemented. Faux detail and dynamics from silver works with tube amps but is not necessary with the ASR
Guys,

It's not a popularity contest. A few people or even many liking a sound isn't persuasive to me. You have to convince me first you know what real instruments sound like in unamplified circumstances for me to assign any special credibility to your view of ASR. But I have no argument with someone liking a sound, even if it's "wrong." No harm in that. Just don't expect my view of it to change unless the ASR meaningfully improves their amplification so I hear a better result. Until then you can quote 3 or 3000 converts. It's irrelevant. If majorities reflected good judgment in hifi, there would be no Bose, B&W, Boulder, Wilson or Krell.

I don't think ASR makes bad amplification. I just can't listen to its truncated, desiccated tone. I don't doubt for a second that ASR sounds fine -- until you hear better, and until a listener thinks seriously about how music actually sounds. It's pretty good for SS, bested by just a few others in that topology. Build quality is *very* high. At its price and even lower, however, there are better alternatives for approaching the original sound. It really doesn't matter that we don't agree. You'll put the ASR in your rear view mirror sooner or later, too, just like every other amp you've championed in the past. It's OK! Enjoy it while you can. You're in the realm of the white hats with your speakers anyway.

Phil