Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Fellow A'goners, audio really doesn't merit this amount of hot temperedness. Worlwide economic mismanagement yes, Third World poverty yes, global warming yes, but differences in opinions in audio NO!
The problem is that cool disageements on the merits or otherwise of a piece of equipment, which if made face to face wouldn't raise anyone's blood pressure, if put down in text form only, seems to get misinterpreted as a personal attack on one's deeply held convictions.
So shouldn't we all take a step back, and realise everyone holds their views with true conviction, and realise that we can all agree to disagree. Otherwise we'd all have the same expectations from audio replay and all buy the same equipment.
And in the grand scheme of things, Zu, ASR, Audion etc. are pretty small players in a pretty small marketplace, surely we can have a small slice of happiness from different approaches to nirvana. Ie these companies all produce excellent near state of the art gear and deserve to survive.
Just my 2 cents' worth.
Spritofmusic,
Your 2 cents worth is well said and true. My point all along is due do our different preferences and goals, just choose what sounds best to 'you' and leave it at that.
Regards,
Charles1dad- that's my opinion as well. and why I've personally tried like 13 amps in my system.
Guys, is it possible to bring this discussion back to the subject of this thread? Namely the Def4s.
How intuitive are the 5 way controls on the backs of the speakers? Is it fairly easy to find the best settings, set and forget? Or do they lend themselves to endless tweaking?
I can imagine this might be the case since setting one parameter might be altered by the setting of the second etc etc.
My point all along is due do our different preferences and goals, just choose what sounds best to 'you' and leave it at that.

An overused and tired fallback position, and one that, if you or anyone else here really believed it, Audiogon would not exist. Most of the verbiage generated is the derivative of debate (and subtle and not-so-subtle insults). Glory caught cobra with his pants down. Cobra has gotten the better of Glory too. So what. Don't go to the Asylum anytime soon.

Not everything is created equal. This is true of most things in life, and audio is no exception. A Yugo would never be confused for a Porsche, nor would a Audion Black Shadow for an ASR.....