Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Hi Mark and Gopher,
Unfortunately the AN211 went home just before I received the Zu's so I cannot comment on the pairing. And yes I did receive the Art Audio PX-25 and that sounded amazing on my initial limited session....still will need a few weeks at home to change tubes and compare but Sean loves the amp and as soon as he walked into my place he spotted it from across the room and said it was one of his favorites.......I live in an apt so the 6 watts is more than enough for me for now........
>>>The major problem I had with the Omen Defs was the high frequencies which I thought was related to the tweeter. However with the same tweeter in the Def iii's, this problem is completely gone and everything sounds better. I think it must be that the improvement is from the new Nano Drivers.....detail, top end air, staging, imaging, etc. are all world class........<<<

It's not just drivers. Quite a lot of the upper midrange and treble glare on Omen Def that also blurs detail a bit is coming from the comparatively excitable cabinet. In the Def2, Def3 and Def4 cabinets, you get to hear the drivers much closer to their intrinsic performance than in the lower end Zu speakers. This isn't a knock on the less expensive Zu speakers but instead is intended to spotlight the cabinet as elemental to Definition's overall sound. If it were only drivers and internals, then Omen Defs could sound much closer to Definitions than they do.

The cabinet and baffle engineering and build decisions in the upper end Zu speakers are often overlooked but they are hugely influential to the improvements you are hearing when moving up from the simpler cabs.

Phil
Spirit,

If it's your goodwill on the sacrifice of your new speakers to a review for Zu then good for you. Hopefully he doesn't have tin ears.

I Had no facts just questions for you so no homework had to be done. Can questions be incorrect when one wants further understanding about the review of your new speakers or why you have a need for approbation on your audio pick?

Thanks for the answers.

You should be proud of your country. Class act!!
Glory, sorry if I've misinterpreted your comments, it seemed to be a question with your pre decided conclusion in the same paragraph. I'm sure we'd all agree on a lot.
I'm really hoping the UK review will be positive, the reviewer certainly likes Def2s.
It's so hard to get people to consider spkrs outside the mainstream (ProAc, B&W, Tannoy etc.) that if my contribution to a positive result for Zu entails, I'll be v. glad.
Sean and the ZuCrew are some of audio's good guys.
Btw, over in the Great Britain, we just are so proud of what TeamGB have achieved. Thanks for your kind words!