Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Everyone who knows me knows that I have been drinking the Zu Kool-Aid for years now. I agree with Phil (213Cobra) that finding the right amp is fundamental to building your system around the Definitions. Having patience and willingness to try numerous topologies will give you the best chance to find the best match for you.If you are buying the Definitions or planning on it, my suggestion is to plan to experiment to find what pushes your buttons. "one and done" is a very unlikely approach. We all value certain playback features differently and that shows with the great variety of amps Definition owners use. Try every amp you can on the Definitions. The great part about them is that just about every amp on the planet will drive the Zu's to satisfactory levels. I believe I have heard every topology on the Defs and I can see why some would want OTL's, 845 SET, monster SS, chip amps etc...They all have strengths and weaknesses. Nobody can choose for you. Be adventurous (and report your findings back).
That being said, there is one area that most Definition owners neglect and, to me, the first component to address (even before trying to find a matching amp): the speaker foundation. Replacing the stock spikes with a proper foundation unleashes a whole new level of performance that will be appreciated from the very first note. There are 4 Definition owners in Atlanta and we all own the same speaker stand...Obviously not a coincidence. I feel confident speaking for all of us that it was money very well spent. For me, it may be the biggest performance upgrade of everything I have tried(which is a looong list). Sounds ridiculous...I know.
You can do better then Atmasphere IMO. I mated it to my Superflys which were a more favorable 16ohm, and despite wonderful transparency and great bass they were pretty lean and analytical.

Follow Phil's suggestions and go big big bottle SET. There are great options on the used market that will be much better then the atma.

A customer's comments that seems to have some relevance:

http://www.atma-sphere.com/AboutUs#Feedback
Atmasphere,
No surprise, some will love your amps and others have tried them and selected something different(preferences being what they are).I suspect most of the amplifiers mentioned so far have a legion of happy customer testimonials. Variety of choice is a good thing.
Regards,
Gsm18439,
We are all using Star Sound Technologies stands. 3 of us are using the Sistrum sp-101 and the other is using a smaller stand. A call to Robert is free and he is generous with his time...A real eye (and ear) opener for me. I have Agear to thank for the suggestion.