Bladelius Gondul anyone heard this player?

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of the members on this forum have heard the Gondul by Bladeius design?, its a Multi-Format Player CD/SACD/DVD-A/DVD-Video.

The list price of the player is close to US$15,000, also if possible how does it compare to the APL-Hifi 3910 which I would love to have but sadly the designer Alex never got back to me.

It would be nice if someone could give me feedback about it.

Regards,

Satyam.
sbfx
>take a pill...no one needs a 15k front end..no one.<

Who are you to say what one needs and doesn't need? Who needs a 50K car? Who needs a 500K house? Who needs a 25K motorcycle???? I could go on and on with this one......

Bottom line is that someone will always have a hobby/interest that they spend more money on than YOU think they should. So what? It's their money and their life, get over it and yourself.

Oz
Hi Fi Choice put it in their recommended system last month. They really, really like it. It is designed by the brilliant Michael Bladelius who got his start working for Threshold designing the groundbreaking Forte 4A. From there he went on to penning several excellent pieces for Primare, as well as doing contract work. The piece is hand crafted and it is hard to put a price on that. Many will pay extra for a Lamm amp or a piece from Scott Franklands Wavestream Kinetics, or many other marques that represent the best thinking and hand craftsmanship by a genius. After all that's what distinguishes a Van Gogh from a Thomas Kinkaide.
If I'm not mistaken it was run in the Purist Audio room at CES last year with eben loudspeakers. If I am right it sounded quite good though shows are always hard to really tell what gear sounded like. Drop me a note if you want to know more about it and I will rack my feeble brain

Gary