Sagging Voice Coils?

I was just reading a thread on AA where someone mentioned that one should rotate bass drivers to prevent the voice coils from sagging. It sounds like a problem for geriatric speakers, but is there any truth to this?
bojack
I always understood this to be a problem with storing drivers, not necessarily with those in regular use.
Viridian, Your use of the term ad hominem was inappropriate. I am sharing with this forum what I know to be true through experience for the benefit of interested parties. Just because you have not experienced this with your antique speakers does not mean it doesn't exist.
Rrog, I respectfully disagree, your personal attack is most certainly ad hominem:

"For all I know YOU might be an urban legend."

I think the use of the the term was completely appropriate in this context. But we agree to disagree except one of us did not personalize the argument.
Viridian, I beg to differ. Unless I misunderstood you, I was under the impression you made it personal with your comment; because you and others in your club never experienced woofer sag that it must be a myth. Isn't that what an urban legend is? If that is the case then you were implying my explanation was BS.