Magnepan announces the 20.7

Jacob Heilbrunn has a first look on The Absolute Sound's site.

"But here’s the skinny: no other speaker at this price will offer even remotely similar lifelike performance, and it should—no, will—scare the bejeezus out of most of its competitors. It’s no accident that Audio Research, which I also got to visit, has 3.7 loudspeakers as part of its reference system. So go ahead. Search for another loudspeaker. But I can only wish you good luck. I defy you to find one at up to five times the cost with the scale and realism of the 20.7."

http://www.avguide.com/blog/first-listen-magnepan-s-new-flagship-207-loudspeaker
josh358
Clavil,

The changes typically attributed to Mye stands include better bass with increased extension (this has been measured, not huge but clearly measurable) and greater midrange clarity/imaging.
without getting into controversial territory, it is clear that Maggies are a DIY dream come true.
Stands? have fans Crossover mods? for sure Bi/Triamp setups? absolutely Active vs Passive crossover? yes Full wood reframe? on the table Sound damping? You should see the posts!

So, the Mye stands are just the tip of the 'berg. The overwhelming opinion is that panels, which are built to price constraints, benefit from any number of DIY projects. All have fans.

Not that is matters, but even if they DO help, I'm not a fan of bridgework stands. Too much metal, which rings. I'll go with a full reframe, when the time and finances permit. A good, solid, Mahogany should work wonders and have many advantages over the MDF which is stock.
I think you can pour sand into the Mye stands, I imagine that would do a good job of getting rid of any ringing.

It's worth noting too that both YG and Magico use aluminum enclosures. Apparently, it's easier to control the ringing than it is to damp wood. (Of course, enclosures are more demanding of the material than frames.) Jim Winey is on record as having said that metal frames would be better for Maggies, though I don't think they're a practical DIY project for most of us.

Another possibility is Corian, some dipole manufacturers say it makes a better baffle than wood and MDF.