Reference Transports: An overall perspective

Teajay did a great job by starting a threat called "Reference DACS: An overall perspective."
I thought it might be beneficial to start a similar thread on transports.
Unfortunately I really have nothing much to say; I just hoped to get the ball rolling.

I'll start by throwing out a few names and a question:

Zanden 2000
CEC TL-0X
Metronome Kalista; T2-i Signature; and T2-A
Esoteric P-01; and P-03(?)
EMM Labs CDSD
47Labs PiTracer
Weiss Jason
Accustic Arts Drive 1
Ensemble Dirondo
Wadia 270se

I know that there are very few companies that actually make the drives themselves. The few I know about are:
Philips
TEAC
Sanyo/CEC

Do the various Philips drives or the TEAC VRDS transport mechanism each have a particular sonic signature regardless of which maunufacturer uses them in their designs?
exlibris
In the Teac lineup, besides the stratospherically priced P01, you may want to look at the redbook only P70. You should be able to find used P70 transports for just under $4K. Its VRDS mechanism is extremely similar to that used in X-01.
Do the TEAC VRDS units have a particular sound?
I know that the TEAC digital products themselves have a 'house sound' but I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these tranpsorts with a DAC that is not made by TEAC.

Also, do these transports upsample the signal before they send it on to a DAC?
Hi,

Have heard about the CD1 only by reputation...certainly sounds nice and will be a nice synergy. May try it out.

Richard
Richard-

Just got a CES report from my friends at the show, they
said the CD1 in the LyngdorfAudio room was the best sounding room at the show. They also said the build quality
was outstanding.

FYI- the CD1 has upsampling and can function as a CDP or transport. The DAC portion is turned off when used as a transport. - Dan
Exlibris, I believe Mgottlieb uses a Teac X-01 as a transport connected to a DCS stack. He prefers the Teac transport over the DCS Verdi. But I'd rather let him comment about sonic differences.