The search among the great ones - 20k+ speakers

Hello

I have started the "speakerjourney", where I want to be able to decide for _the_ speaker for me. I rather save up and spend some more and hopefully live with one of these speakers for a long time.

What are you guys opinion on the following speakers? Have anyone several of them?

The only thing I have now, that I want to build a system from, is a Modwright Transporter. I am going for a digital based hdd-source.

*Evolution Acoustics MM2
*Von Schweikert VR-7
*B&W 800 Diamond
*Burmester B100 Reference
*Rockport Mira II Grand
*Focal JMLab Maestro Utopia III

I want a speaker that I can live long with...be able to play all different kinds of music, and recordings without running out of the room because of "sharp/ringing highs"

Thank
128x128melchor
I have Kef Reference 205/2 speakers but if I had the
Money love to own Kef reference 207/2 speakers. I've heard
Them, and loved them. Great sound stage,& imagining & open
Sounding! Just my 2 cents worth.
From your list, I like the evolution acoustics. They probably represent one of the best values in high-end full range speakers. The woofer is self powered so it affords you the luxury of using low power class A SS or tube gear to power the midrange and tweeter. They would be at the top of my list for audition is possible.
On your short list I think the B&W 8OO Diamonds would be an excellent choice. Maybe even check out the Legacy Whisper XD
for your consideration.
My favorite speakers are those made by Coincident Technology.

The top of the line Coincident Technology Pure Reference Extreme's are $26,000- $26,800. These speakers are basically the Pure Reference speakers that have the tweeter/midrange section in a separate enclosure and the base enclosure houses the woofer/subwoofer.

The next down is the Pure Reference at $22,000. These can be driven exquisitely by Coincident Technology's own "Frankenstein" 8 watt/channel amp, which is the finest low-powered amp I have ever heard. It lists for $5,999, but if you buy a Coincident speaker with them you get a $1,000 discount.

The recently released update of the Total Victory IV is now the Total Victory V at $15,000.

Greg