From Thiel CS6 to Wilson Sophia 2 or 3

Has anyone replaced a pair of Thiel cs6's with the current Wilson Sophia's and if so what were your impressions. I have the Thiels now and after listening to the Sophia 3, I feel they sound more natural, but am concerned that they are not as big or expansive as the Thiel. This may be the room or equipment. I am running the Thiels with a Classe 301, Joule Pre, and a audio research cd3 mark 2. I heard the Wilson's on Ayre and boulder. Thanks for any response.
jkw1
IMO, I wouldnt get hungup on all that geeky stuff,go listen and judge yourself.Personally I think the Wilson Sophia 3 blows away the Theils...all day long!
I've owned time and phase-coherent speakers, as well as speakers that use higher order crossovers. While I believe there is truth to both sides of these arguments, I am sensitive to phase shift and have found that first-order crossover speakers constructed with attention to minimizing phase shift - for example, Dunlavy and Audio Machina - are more engaging and natural to my ears, particularly with respect to transients. The Wilsons do some things very well, but I would try to spend as much time as possible time - at least 100 hours - with the Wilsons and then go back and spend a few dozen hours with the Thiels before you make a decision (it takes a lot of time to properly evaluate speakers).
////////01-02-12: Stevecham
Why anyone is his/her right mind would even consider any speaker that has out of phase polarity for the drivers is beyond me///////////////

are you out of your mind? more than half speakers on the market have inverted polarity of one of the driver. more than 85% speakers have higher order xovers on the market(and actualy there is 0,00074% speakers on market which have true, uncorected 1rd order transfer functions). are you saying all enginiers went out of their minds?

someone needs a doctor. and the sooner the better.
Interesting point, counter point.
The 'skin a cat' argument was good.
Ultimately, Rockitman said it with one sentence....buy with your ears, not your brain.
I think (being a THIEL devotee for many years) that there's an intellectual affirmation with them...Jim WAS a scientist...made compelling arguments FOR his rationale. However...if a THIEL doesn't sound like music to you, as musch as the Wilson...buy the Wilson...'ears vs brain'.
My only problem with the Wilsons...is their generally 'God Awful' frequency response...as if Dave makes no pretense at a smooth response. I don't get it...if tonal balance is a worthy goal of loudspeaker design, how/why would he not attend to that? It's so basic to the formula that I personally think should be attended to that I'm totally flummoxed by his 'forever ignoring' that aspect.
The only person who can decide and behappy with that decision is the buyer.

Good listening,
Larry