Do not buy any Sonus Faber used

Sumiko just announced that
"IN ADDITION, SUMIKO WILL NOT SUPPLY PARTS AND/OR SERVICE FOR ANY SONUS FABER PRODUCT WITHOUT PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM A SUMIKO AUTHORIZED DEALER IN NORTH AMERICA ".

What a curious statement . Can you imagine Volkswagen refusing to provide parts for their own cars, no matter where they were bought? I do hope other distributors will follow. It would surely drive the prices down considerably on Audiogon for used gear.
limono
"The notice is hard to miss.”

Yet so many people have. And what about craigslist? Before an authorized purchase takes place, is the prospective buyer asked to sign off on this policy? When this policy was enacted, were the authorized owners of every Sonus Faber speaker warned not to lose his receipts, and that the resaleability of their speakers was being diminished. Were these owners compensated.

When I buy a new car, the potential resale price of a model is always part of the negotiation. In fact, I consider that one of the most important factors in my decision. If the resale value of my car hits the skids due to a new policy, I want to be compensated.
Janeb:

I couldn't tell you why the driver failed. My knowledge base is not at that level. But I can say that that I run the speakers at what could be considered, at minimum, normal use -- -20db to -30db -- on a Denon AVR 3808CI, based upon the Denon display information. (I know folks with similar setups -- Vienna Acoustics/Denon -- who say that they run their Denons toward the 0db or -10db levels). Right now I'm listening to Miles Davis' "Nefertiti" at -30db. I can also say that when I called the dealer to report the issue he was not as confounded. He just apologized and said that it happens and ordered the new driver.

However, I did think of something that might give you perspective. Sometimes when I hear something in a different context, it helps me get perspective. The following may provide you additional perspective. Based upon your comments, it appears that you believe speaker drivers should have a 0% failure rate. As good as you seem to think drivers are, do you believe a 0% failure rate can be expected? Additionally, I would also wonder why Sumiko would have replacement drivers in inventory if they are never expected to fail.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your comments.
Musicpod and Hifhvn, it is NOT that I believe that speaker driver's have a ZERO failure potential. Instead, I am saying that of all components that are delivered new to a consumer in our hobby; I would say that speaker drivers are on the VERY low side of the infant mortality curve. Certainly very low compared to tube components as an example. Therefore, the risk to a consumer of warranty issues is IMO far, far less with this type of component. I guess YMMV.
Hifihvn, to answer your question, because that's my TT...can I ask you a question.... how come YOU have NO system link?