JM Labs original utopia speakers

Does anyone out there own these. They are the ones with the light wood side panels and a wood strip at the tweeter. They listed for about 30k when they came out. I am interested in purchasing a pair, but havent been able to find out much about them in comparison to the latest versions, which are quite a bit more expensive.
manitunc
Personally I think the older models were more musical than the newer ones. The tweeter could be a little hard sounding though so pairing with the right amp is critical.
Ive owned both and between the two I would buy the B series...just depends on what you have to pay really
Am I nuts, but back around 1998-2002 I always felt the original JMLabs Utopias were awesome (I heard the plain Utopias and the Mezzos several times at dealers and the Stereophile NYC shows).
Since then, when I heard the Be models and forward, something was always off, like too much forward bass or some piercing high frequencies or a bit of metallic sound, reminding me a bit of Wilson or B&W. Does anyone else have this impression?