All the Emmlabs dcc2/cdsd hoopla..

Is this real? I mean they cost big bucks but is the sound that great? what does the combo do to the Redbook CD sound?
How does it compare to equal cost analouge front end?
No intention to badmounth Emmlabs, but is the combo that good??
nilthepill
Thanks Oanhu. Let me send you offline email to arrange time that is convinient with you.
Thanks Oneobgyn for the offer, but I have to respectfully decline since I do not approve of your Wilson's (sarcasm!). Oanhu seems to be in my backyard so I will check w/ him first. Thanks a lot though. Or may be I will take a raincheck and if in near future I am in the bayarea, I will give you a call...

Seriously though can emmlabs or ANY high end over/up sampled capable digital front end realistically read inbetween lines? All they can do is the best possible approximation that resembles the 24/96 master tape signal. So may be this is one of the best 'math simulation model' around.
I have owned every high end digital available in the market today and IMO there is simply none that even come close to the Meitner
Please list the ones you have owned.
Nil, if you're ever in the Palm Springs area you are welcome to hear mine as well. I have the DCC 2, latest CDSD, latest APL 3910 and an APL/EMM/Denon transport (for the DCC 2) as well.
Frank